here. In a nutshell, it's a chance for all of us who sew to challenge ourselves to wear what we have made in real life! Each person makes their own commitment - whether its wearing completely handmade garments, a certain number a week, or work on making more handmade garments. So Zo hosts this every year - and I'm always impressed by what everyone wears and how many handmade garments they have!
here and here).
|Reagan's wearing two handmade dresses. |
In the left photo, Joy by Violette Field Threads and in the far right, Desert Rose by Caila Made.
- I make a lot of black, white, and mint. I also wear these colors a lot.
- I need to make more separates, despite the fact that I love wearing dresses. When I'm not at work - I don't wear dresses as much, so I'll get more bang for my buck if make more separates, even if they aren't all that exciting.
- I love to wear knits. Seriously - they are super comfortably.
- I like to wear pieces that layer up, which ties into making more separates.
- I'm also pretty obsessed with my "Sewing Mama" tee shirt by See Kate Sew. It's super soft and I love the statement it makes. Seriously - I wear this almost every week.
- Also, I look pretty darn good in a tee shirt with a maxi knit skirt.... just sayin'.
- I need to NOT take pictures in the mirror with my iPhone. A tripod might be in order soon.
The patterns that I wore this month during Me Made May were:
- Anima Pants by Papercut Patterns
- Hazel Dress by Colette Patterns
- Date Night Dress pattern (hacked into a top) by April Rhodes
- Undercover Hood by Papercut Patterns
- Alder Shirtdress by Grainline Studios
- Ecualypt Tank by Megan Nielson Patterns
- self drafted maxi skirts
- self drafted maxi tank dress
- Washi dress by Made by Rae
- Southport Dress by True Bias