Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Addison's Cross

Good morning yall! Hope everyone is doing great! I wanted to show off my second quilt! You may remember that I mentioned we went to my friend's daughter's baptism earlier in the month. We loved being there to celebrate her special day. I wanted to make something special for her to commemorate her baptism day.

I ended up making a baby/mini quilt with a cross on it. It's my own design, and it's all scrappy! I loved that I made this in an entire day. It was really easy to do, and I just went at it. I forgot to get measurements of it before I wrapped it up... sorry! I used some fabric from my stash for the back: it's Felicity by Emily Taylor at Riley Blake Designs. It's girlie without being in your face girlie.




It's not perfectly straight or square, for that matter, but since I hope she plays with it and snuggles with it, that's okay. I used silver thread for the top quilting stitches and white thread for the bottom. Reagan loved seeing the sparkle threads--it caught her eye, so hopefully Addison will think so, too. For the quilting stitches, I started inside the cross, and worked my way out, echoing the shape of the cross. I didn't quilt the whole thing, and I'm glad. It really makes the cross seem more touchable.

One of my favorite things about this mini quilt is that when you hold it up to the light, it looks like stained glass. I love when quilts do that! :)

Hope yall enjoy looking at this mini quilt! I can't wait to see baby Addison playing with it! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS