Friday, September 21, 2012

Thar She Blows Dress

Good morning yall!  Cannot believe how quickly the days are passing. I've been taking every opportunity to get Reagan into some of her (my favorites) outfits before she grows out of them. I made this little dress way back at the end of July. At the time, it was huge on her. Now, it fits, although it's rather roomy in the torso section.

I used this Oliver+S pattern: The Playdate Dress. I purchased it from Creative Sewing Machine Center as a paper pattern, but on the Oliver+S website, it's only available as a digital download. You can get it here.
digital playdate dress sewing pattern

It was a dream pattern to work with! Oh my goodness! I'd love to sew her patterns every single day. Especially since there were a few new things that I hadn't done before, and her directions were so simple and easy to follow along. This dress literally took me two naptimes. That's it. I know, amazing isn't it?!

I used Michael Miller Thar She Blows for the main part of the dress, and matched it with this adorable polka dot (navy with white) that I forgot to look at the selvage for the designer name. Oops. I also made a matching diaper cover to go with it. One thing that I love about this dress is that it has pockets (which, are kind of pointless with an infant but they make this momma happy, so that's okay)--I used the polka dot print for the pockets! A little surprise! oh, the pattern called for three buttons on the front yoke but I only did 2 because I bought a size up in buttons (because it had to match) and I didn't like how the three looked on it. When she wears a bigger size of this dress, I think three will be perfect.

Needless to say, it turned out super cute. Reagan wore this to her friend, Addison's baptism last Sunday! She got so many compliments! The blue really brings out her beautiful big blue eyes!
 I'll be using the pattern for more dresses for Reagan. In fact, this will probably get made up into a Clemson dress and maybe a dress for Christmas season. In other news,  I'm working away on a couple projects: two quilts, a cardigan for me, and a dress for a wedding we're attending in October. Lots of sewing going on. Hope everyone's doing well! Take care, yall!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS