Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What I Love Wednesday & WIP

Good morning yall! :) Hope everyone is having a great week. I, for one, am loving this cooler weather that has been gracing South Carolina. Nothing says fall quite like the hint of cooler weather. I'm quite happy to say goodbye to the hot sticky humidity of summer.


Doesn't she look so cute above? I took the first one on Sunday and the second one on Monday. She's generally such a happy girl!! But, I'm more than a little exhausted today. Yesterday, Reagan had her first fever. Yup. 100.4--which I know isn't that bad, but it definitely freaked me out. First call, my momma (and later the doctor, just to confirm that if I needed to bring her in, I could). Luckily, we're pretty sure it was teething related but oh my goodness. I think we're learning what Reagan's like when she's sick... fussy fussy fussy, and doesn't want to be by herself. She took three naps yesterday, which is highly unusual, for her. So, she went to bed around 8 like normal, woke up a little after 10, and didn't go back to sleep until around 3. Oh, did I mention that she started screaming if I wasn't within her sight? Yeah. Great fun. Finally, around 2:15, I had had it. I put in her in her crib, and shut the door. Then shut our door, turned up our air purifier to loud, and tried to get some sleep. No workout this morning for us... seeing as how I didn't wake up until 7:45. Which is much later than usual these days. She's still asleep.... and I'm debated about when to wake her up. The joys of mommyhood.
So, back to my Wednesday link up of what I'm loving this week:

1. I'm loving watching my little girl splashing and playing in the bathtub. It has truly become another form of playtime, and it's amazing to me to see how much she loves it. {no picture: we made a conscious decision to NOT post bath pictures}

2. I'm loving the workout program hubby and I are doing. It's kicking our rear ends every day at 5:00 a.m. and it's starting to feel good. I forgot how much I appreciate regular exercise. Of course, I don't usually remember this when the alarm clock goes off right before five.
INSANITY: 60-Day Total Body Conditioning Workout DVD Program

3. I'm loving Suzanna Choffel from NBC's "The Voice". She auditioned Monday night by singing "Landslide" and I loved her. She had a sound similar to Stevie Nicks but still unique. Click on the picture below to see the video of her performance!
Welcome to #TeamBlake Suzanna Choffel! #TheVoice

4. I'm loving that some of my favorite shows are coming back soon!! Shows like NCIS, NICS:LA, Once Upon A Time, Greys, ... I might have too many shows. :)

5. I'm loving (obviously) this cooler weather. I love fall! :)

6. I'm loving my morning coffee. Especially today.... (as evident from my above story)

7. I'm loving watching hubby and Reagan playing in the evenings. It's so amazing to see my family grow together. I'm truly so blessed.

 
I've been working on this quilt. Mainly, it's to practice for the blue quilt for our bedroom. And, I'm going to enter it in the Tula Pink SewAlong. So, I got all the blocks pieced together, and I laid them out last night on the rug. It was awesome to see my vision come together. Now, I have to start piecing together the rows before I can get the quilt top done. What do yall think? Do you like it? I LOVE it but I recognize that I have a big obsession with color. I'm planning on doing a full post on it next week sometime so you'll get more details on it then.

all my blocks stacked up
all laid out on my floor
My white cardigan is almost done...despite the small sewing injury that I manged to get the other day. I was trying to brush away a fly, and caught the tip of my finger on the part of the machine that lowers the needle...as it was moving. Full speed. Yeah, it hurt a lot. My finger is still bruised but it's getting better. Oh, back to the cardigan (got no blood on it) but still need to finish the facing along the neckline and front openings, do the hem and put in the sleeves. Looking at what's left, I guess I'm a little more than halfway done.

And an update on my Lemon Bars quilt... I have over half of my squares pieced together! I've just been tackling a little at a time, and they're really coming along! I'm so excited about it, and I really appreciate everyone's sweet comments last Wednesday on it!

Hope everyone has a great day. I for one, am going to go pour myself another cup of coffee. Take care!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS