Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Good morning yall! I'm so thankful to everyone for their sweet birthday messages, comments, and blog post. I had a great birthday!! I am truly very blessed!
I'm writing a post entering my very first quilt into the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I wasn't going to originally but thought, why not? I decided to enter my  Wild Carrots Tablecloth Quilt. Yall might remember it here... I love that we use it as a tablecloth! It's such a fantastic way to add texture, cloth, pattern, and just plain ol' prettiness into our home.
This was my very first adventure into quilting and I absolutely love it. It's basically a whole cloth quilt with panels on the long side. All in all, it's really a simple quilt but for me, it's my first and oh so very special quilt. I proved to myself that I can do quilting on my home machine... and now, I haven't been able to stop. I <3 quilting!
I used Violet Craft's Madrona Road Wild Carrot Tangerine (one of my very favorite collections) for the patterned fabric and Kona White for the side panels, binding, and the backing. I used Gutterman White Quilting Thread to quilt it. I used a Free Motion quilting on top of the flowers and extending out from them to do the quilting stitches. I also did two lines of quilting stitching along the top and bottom of the side panels. I love that this quilt really shows off the beautiful pattern of this fabric. It looks like the perfect combination of modern and traditional.
Quilt Measurements: 90 inches x 50 inches
Special Techniques: FMQ, Whole Cloth Quilt
Quilted By: Me on my Babylock Elizabeth Sewing Machine
Best Category: Two Color Quilt, Home Machine Quilted Quilt

Don't forget to check out the rest of the quilts entered! There are some absolutely breathtaking quilts in the Quilt Festival!! I already have a few favorites but I'll wait and share my favorites with yall at a later date.

Also, between November 1st and 4th, you can nominate quilts that are linked to the festival in the different categories, and then voting begins! :) Such a great way to connect the virtual world of quilting. I love love love this! SO fun, regardless of who wins.

Take care yall!

7 comments:

  1. Love the orange. I would be worried about spilling food on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice - I love how you took the quilting lines from the flowers! Great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant! Congratulations on such a stunning entry!

    Very bold and just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job - i love the madrona rd fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first quilt! This is just stunning! I love Madronna Road and the quilting you did accented it perfectly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! What a perfect first quilt!I love seeing it used on your table, too. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS