I should really have all sorts of thoughtful things to say about myself on my birthday. Or thoughts on life in general. But I don't. Not really. Just the regular ol' thoughts flowing through my head. So, I think I do my usual list type of thing. This year, I'll share 27 things about myself that you might not know. It'll probably be a really random list but that's okay. I'm kind of a random girl.
1. I wear reading glasses.
2. Some nights, I just want a bowl of popcorn for dinner. No butter, please.
3. Whenever I say "bon appetit" I'm secretly (or not so secretly) saying it just like Julia Child.
4. I find it really funny when the dog starts barking in her dreams.
5. I'm actually an introvert. I love to be with people but I desperately need my down time.
6. I have tiny feet and little toes.
7. I like my pillow cold.
8. I stick my feet out of the covers at night.
9. I live in perpetual fear of being rear ended. I've been rear ended three times and it's awful.
10. I love mint cookies and cream ice cream. It's delicious. :)
11. I drink a glass of red wine daily. My heart will be healthy ... right?
12. I bite my nails. I'm really trying to stop. It's gross.
13. I have an odd giggle...at least my husband thinks so.
14. I have an unhealthy obsession with everything Disney.
15. School supplies. More specifically...post it notes. And sharpies. And colored pens. I can't get enough.
16. I might be secretly a teeny bit of a gear head.
17. I'm a big bookworm. I read every single day.
18. I kill plants. I don't mean to. Somehow, it just happens.
19. When I was pregnant, I craved jalapenos. I might have also wanted pickles with my peanut butter.
20. I hate raisins. And oranges.
21. I would sing Christmas carols all year around. And sometimes, when the hubby isn't with me, I listen to Christmas music early. Like April early.
22. I can't take shots. I'm really terrible at it.
23. I love happy endings.
24. I don't like things around my neck... like turtlenecks or high necklines or tight scarves.
25. I have a really hard time saying no. Always have. Probably always will.
26. I love sewing. And quilting. And that still surprises me.
27. I love my family (not so random but very very true).
This song, sung by Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride always makes me think about birthdays. Also, I just love it. The music video was filmed in Charleston. :) Kind of sums up my thoughts about my birthday this year...