Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Good morning yall! :) Hope everyone is having a great week so far! We're off today to go see the speech therapist for our personalized food plan for little miss Reagan. Already, some of the advice and tips that the therapist gave us are helping, so fingers crossed it continues to improve.
Best cheesecake! No icky crack down the middle for me! :)
Over the weekend, we had my in laws down for dinner. My mother in law had been doing her yearly trip to Europe so we hadn't seen her for a few weeks, so I knew that they were both anxious to see Reagan. I made a yummy dinner (if I do say so myself)... baked chicken parmesan (recipe courtesy of Caroline at Chocolate & Carrots), tossed salad, crusty artisan bread (recipe courtesy of Simply  So Good), and pumpkin cheesecake (recipe courtesy of Hungry Mouse).
I didn't get a whole lot of food pictures. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures period, but you can see here how I set the table. I found these adorable mini pumpkins at the store, and filled one of my sweetgrass baskets with them. I think they are tiger stripe and white pumpkins.
It's been so pleasant here that on Friday, I shut off the air, and we've had the windows open. Well, not in Reagan's room, but in our room and the family room. We close them when we leave (obviously) but it's been so great to get some fresh crisp fall air. There is so something so comforting about sleeping with the windows open. I personally feel that I sleep better with fresh cold air than just about anything else.

Yesterday, I worked on bee blocks (which I shared yesterday) but I didn't get a chance to show off the one for my Creative Quilt Blocks Bee. This bee works in a loop. We each make a starter block, with what we are kind of looking for our bee friends to make. Then we mail it off to our person, and then they make a block, and send it to the next person on the list. By the time we get our original block back, there will be many more in the package. So fun!

Corrine (in France) mailed me her starter block, and it came over the weekend. She requested variations on a 9 patch block in cool tone colors with a bird/nature type theme using white. This was a little challenging for me in looking through my fabrics but I finally found a few fat quarters that I thought would work.
Corrine's starter block
My block
Basically, I made a standard nine block with postage stamp mini blocks for six of the blocks. In each row, I picked one block to just be a fabric block. It's kind of busy but I think it really complements her block. Especially when they are right next to each other...
I really hope she likes it! These blocks are off to the next bee friend in the loop!

Oh, the other exciting thing this weekend... we started our new member class at church. We joined Mt. Horeb United Methodist Church over the summer. Yup. I'm now a Methodist. :) That's okay. I really like the church. Technically, it's probably more of a mega church but we have been so pleased with it. They offer to many programs, small groups, etc. and we love the preaching. They really talk straight from God's word. Anyways, the new member class runs once or twice a year, so we were signed up for this round. It's sort of a crash course because we're meeting for three weeks (a couple hours at a time) plus a dinner. I'm really excited about learning more about how to plug into our church.

We even had homework! Yay! I know, I know... I'm a bit of a nerd. Hubby already pointed that one out. And it's probably even more nerdy to admit that my homework is already done. We had to do a spiritual gifts survey. I took one in confirmation in high school, and again during college when I worked at the chaplain's office. It's really funny that my spiritual gifts are the exact same top four. The only thing that has really changed is the first one.

My new results:
1. helping
2. exhortation (encouragement) and teaching
3. administration

It used to be that administration was my first one. Not anymore. Ya know, it's kind of funny that these have always been my results. I wouldn't change any of my journey in life but God clearly was telling me, years ago, that teaching was my path. But, right now, I'm just going to be staying at home! Didn't get the teaching job that I interviewed for but I think that'll be okay. While I'm disappointed, I know that there is a reason that I didn't get the job... and that me being at home is good for our little girl. :)

Anyways, I hope yall are having a great week!! Take care yall!

1 comment:

  1. On our home study they said we were methodists! Didn't know where that came from! haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS