Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Job & Pillows

Good afternoon yall! :) Hope everyone is having a great week! I am!

First of all, I got a job!! YAY!!!! :) One that I'm super excited about. I'm going to be coming on board with an educational consulting group in Columbia. Love the ladies that run this group and think that I'll be able to be an integral part of their group. A little bit different direction than teaching but one where I'll be able to merge all of my previous work experiences. :)

That, of course, means that little Reagan will be starting her own adventure into day care. I've picked out one that is close to our home, has a great reputation, and two very sweet ladies in her room. We'll see how it goes. I think Reagan will be fine... it's mommy who we all need to worry about. Don't worry--I'll pack extra makeup to fix my face after I drop her off. I'm sure that there will be plenty of tears involved.

Don't get me wrong. I'm beyond thrilled to be going back to work. Honestly, I've had longer to be home than I ever imagined. I'm so grateful for having the past 11 months to be home with her. But, I'm looking forward to being a professional again. To having more to anchor my days. I will miss having her with me all the time, but I know that this is the right decision. Yall remind me of that when I have emotional days about leaving her in day care. We had hoped that we would find someone to watch her in their home, but we never really found anyone. That's okay. I know that there is a reason for everything. :)

I'll be leaving my hotel job. :) It's been an interesting experience and a real sanity saver but I don't want to work two jobs unless I absolutely have to. I need that time with my daughter and husband. I'm hoping to work a couple weeks into December and then that'll be that.

Yesterday and today, in between working on day care paperwork, picking up shot records, etc. I've starting working on Christmas. I pulled out one box of Christmas decorations (the one that I could reach), and set those things out. I also made the front of a Christmas pillow, and am working on getting the zipper put in for it. I used this wonderful tutorial from Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts. It's from the A Very Merry Christmas HST Sampler, but I just used more of the half square triangles to make my much larger. Mine ended up measuring right at 16 inches square. I love how it looks!
Christmas Chevron Pillow Front by mrsrachelsbooth

Christmas Chevron Pillow Front Close Up by mrsrachelsbooth

Here's a view out of the top. I love that it's fairly subtle but still very fun and Christmas-y. I used red thread to quilt it following the shape of the chevrons. I stitched inside and outside of the green chevrons by 1/4 inch. My fabrics are: a green snowman fat quarter from Creative Sewing Machine Center (no selvage so I'm not sure who made it), the red cardinal print from Creative Thursday's Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, and the red floral print is actually not a Christmas print. It's from the Riley Blake fat quarter bundle that my parents gave to me for my birthday . I made this one as a zippered pillow. I just used a random zipper that's 14 inches long. I like my pillow covers to be fairly tight, so I really like how it turned out. I didn't make it the same on both sides, so this one has a definite front and back. I used Kona Natural for the back.

This pillow is an envelope pillow. I used this tutorial from Love Some . I used one of my very favorite Christmas prints... I actually have enough to make a dress for Reagan or a top for me, so yall might see it again. The fabric is from Michael Miller (I think)... :) I love the pops of pink in it. Sorry for the fuzzy picture!! 
Christmas Pillow by mrsrachelsbooth
Christmas Pillow, a photo by mrsrachelsbooth on Flickr.

Here they are together on the sofa. What do yall think? Pretty cute, huh?
Christmas Pillows by mrsrachelsbooth
Christmas Pillows, a photo by mrsrachelsbooth on Flickr.

Personally, I LOVE them. Although, I have a sneaking suspicion that the hubby is gonna say that they're too girly.  OH well. :) It's just for Christmas, right? I should probably do a Christmas pillow that is less girly.

Hope yall are having a good day! :) Take care, yall!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS