Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lately

Hey yall! Lately, I've been listening to Christmas music. Shhhhh...don't tell my husband! He has a firm not-until-after-Thanksgiving rule. But that only applies when he's around. :) It's definitely not my fault that the Sirius radio has had the stations out for two weeks. They may even be programmed in on the car now. :)

Christmas music makes me happy. I don't care if it's July, November, or the day before Christmas. It always makes me happy. :) There is something so magical about the holidays. Which is one reason why I love Thanksgiving. It's the official kick off to the Christmas season. I love it! Mom and I usually watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (and make all the guys watch it, too), and over the course of the weekend, some football and White Christmas.

This year, Mom and I are going fabric shopping over Thanksgiving weekend. One of the quilt stores in her town is closing (NOT going out of business, just retiring) so they are marking down everything. Sad for them but happy for me! I love fabric at a discount! To make room and to visual what my stash is looking like, I did yet another reorganization of my sewing space.
General overview. I moved the desk closer to the opening at this end (not by the door). It gives me more room with the rolly chair. 
I moved my new rotary mat over here to on top of the dog crate. I did have it sitting on the dining room table. You can see some sewing mail at the end, as well as my Tula quilt that I'm working on. Yes, I have several pairs of pants there. They all needed to be hemmed when I was taking pictures. Since only one pair fits well right now, I'm putting the others away until the next five come off... 
Back to only having a few things on the desk. I realized that too much on there was making it really difficult for me to focus on what I was sewing. But, still gotta have the laptop and cup of coffee. 

Below is what I am most proud of it. It's REALLY organized!!! And that, my friends, makes me happy. :)

On the top shelf, I have  (from left to right) my favorite patterns out, quilting in progress, miscellaneous projects in progress in the brown tote, and fabric (in cuts of more than 1 yard). 

On the middle shelf, I have (from left to right) fabric collections from Riley Blake and Violet Craft, my go to sewing books, my Kona charms, and quilting bee stuff in the cardboard box tray. 

On the bottom shelf, I have (from left to right), linings and interfacing in the box, fabric stash of less than 1 yard, and in the last box, scraps of solids. 

My prints and fashion scraps go under the desk. :)
Tadaaaa!! What do yall think? I still want to cover all the boxes to make them look pretty but for now, I'm quite happy with it. There's such a sense of zen... ya know?  I'm pretty sure that the dog and the baby thought I was nuts. Reagan actually "helped" some by playing with the scrap box. Future sewist/quilter on my hands? I certainly hope so! It's definitely helping me to refocus as I'm trying to whip out my sewing to do list before the end of the year.
I Love Kona Charm Swap at Pile O' Fabric
Oh, and goodies arrived in the mail yesterday. I participated in a fabric swap hosted by the lovely Alyssa at Pile O' Fabric. She's an incredible quilter, and so sweet. She did an amazing job of running the I Heart Kona Swap. She's done them before, so that's probably why she's so good at it. I might've been really excited to get this beauty in the mail yesterday.

In any event, hope yall are having a great week! :) Hoping to have a post up tomorrow.. we'll see how it goes!! :) Reagan's keeping me pretty busy!!!  Take care yall!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS