Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Simply Modern Bee

Hey yall! Happy Friday! :)

Yesterday, I might've gone a little overboard. I worked on the quilt blocks for one of my bees. And well, ummmm, I might've done them all.

See, everyone's making the same block, and already chose their colors.  I thought I'd get a head start, and then my head start turned into a let's see how many I can get done today. The block we're making is super simple.. I think I shared about it before, but you can see it here. Everyone in the bee is using Kona White for the rails, just to make it easier for everyone else. Here they are...

November:
Micchia requested orange & light/blue aqua
Simply Color is the Center Block and the Orange Dots is by Michael Miller
 Sewneatbycaryn requested purple & green (olive ish green)
Green center block is by Simply Color and the Polka Dots are from the Dumb Dot line by Michael Miller
December:
Fresh Raspberry Quilts requested yellow & gray
Center is Michael Miller Dot and the outside is a yellow FQ from my LQS
Vbobro requested blues
Center block is from Simply Color and the outside is from Violet Craft Madrona Road "Haystacks"
January:
k9ToyWear requested red & aqua
Center square is from Simply Color and outside is from a Christmas collection FQ
Swedish Fishie requested red & aqua
Center square is from Simpy Color and the red is from a Christmas FQ
February:I requested purples
Amplifiedtorock requested purple & green
March:
Fushigi88 requested blue & green (sea glass)
Center block is from Simply Color and the outside is from Riley Blake
Quilty Girl 2 requested raspberry & lime
Center block is from Simply Color and the outside is from a FQ at my LQS that matched perfectly!
April:
Suzanneg303 requested blue & red (Americana but with all patterns)
Center block is from Sarah Jane's Out to Sea and the outside is from a Christmas FQ
Quilting & Cussing requested navy & orange (somewhat nautical)
The anchors are from Sarah Jane's Out to Sea (it's a navy blue) and the center block is also Simply Color. I LOVE how the anchors face out from the center block, no matter which way you turn it! 
I used lots of my favorites for these blocks. The majority have center squares from the Simply Color line (I used my charm pack and cut them down) but I think three don't. I was really amazed at how quickly these blocks came together. I really hope my bee friends like them!

Just to let yall know... I used the same red for my three friends who requested red. I think it's actually from a Christmas line (maybe Kate Spain???) but I'm not sure. I picked it up at my LQS in their fat quarter section and it didn't have selvage information on it. Figures I would get the one that didn't have the printed side. Sorry! It's so cute and cheery that I had to use it for yall.

Here are three of my blocks. I went ahead and made three so that way I'd have 14 blocks total. While I requested purples from my bee friends, I used some gray, white, and black in mine. I'll be tying in those colors throughout the quilt and thought they would complement nicely.
Center block is Pinhead Black by Michael Miller and the outside purple is Good Morning Positively Purple Honeycombs by Me and My Sister for Moda Fabrics
Center block is from simply Color and the polka dots are (surprise!) Michael Miller
Center is a gray print from Simply Color and the outside is the same grape purple dot from Michael Miller as the very first block at the top of this post! For some reason, the color is really off in this picture!
Sorry for the icky phone pictures. I had taken some on my good camera but that's all packed up at the moment. And I was too impatient to get this post up!

That's all for today, yall! Take care!
OH--don't forget... you can go nominate (CLICK HERE) for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. My quilt is number #482... and it'd be a great fit for the two color quilt category. Just saying... :) In any event, you should go just to look at some of the amazing quilts that are entered! There are over 500 quilts! WOW!

I'd suggest writing down the categories on a post it next to you while you drool over browse the quilts. That way, when one hits you, you can write down it's number and don't have to keep checking back. It makes the nomination process go much much more smoothly! :) Have fun!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS