Friday, November 30, 2012

State Pillow

Hey yall! Just a quick post today! Reagan and I are enjoying every minute of our last couple days together before job and day care start. Actually, we're went in to work today for a little bit (an almost half day) just to set up a couple things ...so not a whole lot of much going on around these parts.

Except for I may have decorated for Christmas. All that's left is the tree... and possibly more pillow covers. But you have to wait for it all to be up before I'll share pictures. :)

Today during Reagan's nap, I worked on a quick project that wasn't on my list at all. I'm (fingers crossed that I'm off from the hotel) going to the Sigma Alumnae Christmas dinner soon, and we're supposed to bring a gift. A gift for an auction. Well, what do you get a group of ladies that you sort of know. You don't. You make it. You do if you're me.

SC State Pillow

I've seen lots of really cool state stuff out there on Pinterest and other social media sites, and I was really inspired to make something South Carolina based. I figured that'd go over well with the crowd.

I made the background out of two and half inch square pieces, and appliqued on the state outline. I used Kona white for South Carolina and Kona Coal for the rest of the pillow. The squares are from my stack of mini charms.

SC State Pillow Close Up

I think it's pretty cool. What do yall think?

We're supposed to wrap our gift, so I think I'm going to whip up a quick lined drawstring bag. That way it'll be reusable. I've been wanting to try this tutorial by Jeni over at In Color Order (a GREAT quilting/sewing blog) so this'll be the perfect reason to. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to sit down and make that. I have a few other things on my list. :)

Anyways, tonight we're celebrating the new job by sushi dinner! :) Yay! Take care yall!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) Something fun to make... oh wait, it's all fun, right?! :)

      Delete
  2. If you want to make more of these, I will seriously be happy to buy one or two. I've been wanting a SC throw pillow for oh, since I moved out of the house....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Amy! I'd love to make one for you! Just tell me if you want it scrappy or color coordinated, oh, and what size you want the cover! :) I can do a different solid color around it, too, if gray doesn't match your place! :)

      Delete

I love to receive comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS