Saturday, December 22, 2012

Variety is the Spice of Life


So my Etsy shop has been keeping me somewhat busy! I've been selling Kitchen Aid Mixer Covers left and right.

My first client selected a batik fabric called Over the Rainbow Batiks Sky Blue by Laundry Baskets for Moda Fabric, which is not really my thing, but it's came together beautifully. The fabric she choose is THIS one from Fat Quarter Shop.
 I lined it with marine blue Kona cotton. I used a turquoise color for the piping and bias trim. I quilted it a bit differently, and I love how it looks. Basically, I used a curvy stitch and made it tighter and looser by adjusting how quickly I moved the material through my machine. I did one tight line, three loose lines, one tight line, and it kind of created a striped quilted stitch. On the two side panels, I just did the tight curvy lines.
cover
My second client selected this gorgeous black and white fabric, called Midcentury Modern Atomic Dot Ebony by Michael Miller found here.
I lined this one in a natural colored cotton duckl, and used black piping and edging, as per my customers request. This one is not quilted but has two outside pockets. It's really modern looking, and I love it! But then again, I'm kind of a modern (ish) girl. I love that the cotton duck makes it a little bit sturdier.
atomic ebony two
The third client selected this Joel Dewberry fabric for a quilted cover. It's from his Heirloom collection, called Heirloom Opal Dandelion. This one is lined in Kona Bone and I've edged it in natural piping and binding. I quilted this one in wavy lines again. I think it looks really pretty. I spaced them out a bit more than the turqouoise one.
Custom Kitchen Aid Mixer Cover with Joel Dewberry Heirloom Opal Dandelion

Pockets of Dandelion Cover

Inside Dandelion Cover
Another client requested Kanvas Brown Kitty Paw. It's not quilted but it is lined also in Kona Bone (can you tell I LOVE Kona Bone), and has no pockets. I used black piping and edging for this one.
paw print cover 3
Lastly, I had a client who requested this Joel Dewberry fabric from his new collection, Notting Hill. I lined it with the Heirloom Opal Dandelion, which matched beautifully! I love it when fabric designers make previous collections coordinate with their new lines. This one was a simple cloth cover, with two pockets!
DSCN5927
You can see the lining in this next picture!
DSCN5928

Don't forget: If you'd like to purchase something from my shop (or if you've seen me make something here on the blog and you'd like one) I'd LOVE to work with you!! I can set up custom orders... :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS