Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hearts Aflutter

Last Valentine's Day, my husband and I celebrated our first married Valentine's Day having a romantic dinner at the hospital, so sweetly provided by March of Dimes! The next day, we found out that our Reagan was going to be coming home soon from the NICU.

DSCN6986
This year, our little girl is such a big girl....so she needed a proper Valentines's Dress!

I had such a hard time picking out a kind of dress to make her. Truth be told, Reagan is more of a tomboy (already) than she is into bows and ruffles. That's okay for now, because she has to wear what I put her in. But, I know someday she'll won't want anything to do with dresses....which means, momma has to take advantage now! I choose the Audrey Dress pattern by Violette Field Threadss. I love their patterns. They are feminine and fun. This would particularly appealed to me because I could see so much potential for personalization. And, I know it's one I'll keep coming back to her for her.

I found the pretties fabric from Creative Sewing! It's a Robert Kaufman print called Be Mine. It was perfect...as soon as I saw it, I knew that was the right fabric for Reagan's Valentine's Dress. It's playful and obvious, so I knew it wouldn't need a whole lot of embellishments (not a good idea right now because she tries to pick them off her clothing and eat them--- good times). I made a size 12 month, and it fits her beautifully.
DSCN7010
As far as the pattern goes, the directions were pretty easy to follow (although I thought the pictures that went with it were not that clear). It took no time at all to make...about a half an hour. I thought about really changing it up but I stuck to the pattern. I kept it pretty standard, although, I did put the casing for the sleeve elastic on the outside, just to give it a bit more texture. Truthfully, I think that the fabric speaks for itself. I did make the little heart pin for her... based off of one I saw on Pinterest.

What do yall think? Pretty cute!!
DSCN7027

I also made her a coordinating bib! :)
DSCN7035
Of course, at this stage, getting her to cooperate for pictures is not an easy task. There are so many other interesting things to do and see...
Reagan's Valentine's Try
I'm linking up with Project Run And Play! This week, the theme is...you guessed it, Valentine's Day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS