Thursday, January 24, 2013

Local Quilt Shop Hop: Creative Sewing

local quilt shop banner Hey yall! Bet ya didn't know that today is being celebrating by quilty and sewist bloggers across the world as Local Quilt Shop Day! I wanted to throw my hat in the ring and talk about MY local shop: Creative Sewing Machine Center!

IMG_0379
First of all, Creative Sewing Machine Center has been around Columbia, S.C. for quite some time. They are one of the largest providers of Babylock sewing machines in the Southeast. But, they also sell Bernina, Viking,.... and they service the machines. I've had a few moments over the last year when I've needed a hand, and they always took care of my Lizzie!

Meet Peg! She's the owner, and is just the sweetest lady! 
peggy and russ

The store is always bustling with some of the nicest staff you'll ever meet. I always feel as though I'm walking in to my second home... I'm greeted with "Hey, Rachel!!", "How's that darling baby girl of yours" and other personal comments! They remember me! They remember everyone! 

At Creative Sewing, you'll find fabric, all the supplies you could need for quilting and sewing projects, patterns, books, machines, parts, and support! They have monthly and quarterly clubs, classes, and so much more. The second Monday of every month is 20% off all yard cuts of fabric (it's the best day to go)! 
IMG_0146
Creative Sewing has a Facebook page and a new Flickr group! They are also online but I'd recommend going on to their Facebook page... better yet, if you're in the Carolinas, Go VISIT!

Tell them I sent ya, and buy some fabric!
IMG_0382
Happy Local Quilt Shop Hop Day! :)
local quilt shop

My sweet friend, Vanessa (who actually just got a job at Creative Sewing) lent me these great pictures!! Be sure to check out her blog, too!!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, this store looks awesome. It's making me wish I lived closer to SC!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS