Amy Butler Charm Swap
2. Fabric must be Amy Butler designer label, 100% cotton, quilt shop quality fabric. We are keeping this swap to only quilting cottons so no home dec, voile, flannel, velveteen, or other substrates please! Older Amy Butler patterns are acceptable too! Her fabric lines include: alchemy, cameo, gypsy caravan, lark, soul blossoms, love, daisy chain, midwest modern, midwest modern 2, lotus, august fields, nigella, and bella. (NO Amy Butler solids, please)
3. Fabric must be new and unwashed and must come from a smoke free environment.
4. Before sending your fabric to me, cut your fabric into 5" x 5" charm squares. Remember to remove the selvedges and press your fabric before cutting! You may want to purchase 1.25 yards of each in case you make any mistakes cutting your charms. 1 yard = 56 charm squares (5" x 5".)
5. Put your charm stack in a ziplock bag and include an index card with your name, flickr ID, email address, and mailing address.
6. In your envelope please include:
-Your stack of charms in a ziplock
-the index card
-a PREPAID SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE for me to mail your charms back to you! This is very important! If you do not send a SASE with your charms, I won't be able to mail them back to you. To figure the postage cost, have the postmaster weigh your SASE along with the charms and purchase enough postage to cover the cost. Then put that postage on the SASE and place it inside your package along with your charms. OR- keep it simple and purchase a flat rate priority envelope with postage :)
**International swappers, I'll have to collect your return postage via PayPal. Please still include a self addressed envelope for me to send your charms.
7. Finally, upload a picture of your chosen fabrics ASAP to the Amy Butler Charm Swap Flickr group. This is really important so we don't have any duplicates! Also, include the fabric collection and name of your print so everyone knows what is what. If you are not on Flickr, please comment on a blog post, and I'll add it to the Flickr group for you. We want to ensure that we have as many different Amy Butler prints.
Signups will be open until March 1st or until we have 56 swappers!
Also, if you need help with cutting your charms, Elizabeth Hartman has a great tutorial on it: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2010/05/charm-squares-101.html
If you are on Flickr, here's the Flickr group!