Friday, February 1, 2013

February Finish It Up

 A Lovely Year of Finishes
So I missed the deadline for entering my January to do in the Lovely Year of Finishes. Great way to start out, right? Oh well. It's a great way to keep all of us managing what we want to get done---and to try to eliminate unfinished objects. This year, it's being sponsored by Fiber of All Sorts and SewBitterSweet Designs.

Here's how it works:

Here’s the plan: each month pick one project, anything you like (it can even be an entirely new project, so long as you can finish it in the current month) and tell yourself, “I Will Finish It.” Then write a blog post about the project and link it up to our Goal Setting linky party. Spend the rest of the month working on your finish. We will have a mid-month check, and though you are not required to link up to that post, it would be fun to see your progress! Finally, after you have finished your project, write a second (or third) post showing us your Lovely Finish and link it up to our “Finishes Party.” 
Goal setting - Required link up {Link starts 1st of the month and open for seven days}
Mid-month Check-In - Optional {Link starts on the 15th and is open for seven days}
Finishes Party – Required link-up {Link is open seven days before the last day of the month}

I hate that I missed out in January.This  month, though, I'm getting it going. Here's what all I want to accomplish this month (and as usual, it's a long list).

1. Sigma Sigma Sigma throw quilt for Sigma Sigma Sigma's SC State Day
2. Two throw pillows for Sigma Sigma Sigma's SC State Day
3. Pink/Black Plaid Dress for me
4. Drindl Dress for me
5. Color Bee Shocked February Block
6. Simply Solids February Block
7. Megan Nielson Briar Top


















8. Creative Quilt Bee Block
9. Geranium Dress for Reagan
Array
10. Pierrott Dress for Reagan
Array
11. Piece together my Color Bee Shocked Blocks to make the quilt top, and start to think about the backing.

I realize its kind of an odd combination of quilting and sewing, but hey, that's what I do!

What are yall working on finishing up in February? It's a short month, so we'd better get moving! Take care yall!

1 comment:

I love to receive comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS