Monday, February 4, 2013

Owning It

Pinned Image
Alright yall...confession time. I have never considered myself to be creative. Ever. I've always thought that being creative meant you had to be artsy, and well, I'm definitely not that. I can't draw a stick figure decently. And, most people assume (probably incorrectly) that creative people are disorganized. Well, I'm organized, so that just adds to it.

For the longest time in my life, I've have never considered myself to be creative. Until recently.
Pinned Image
Looking at my past job history, I've come to the realization that the jobs or the times in my life that I have been the happiest have been when I have had a creative outlet. Yup. Don't get me wrong. I am SUPER organized, efficient, and hard working, so I'm a pretty good employee in any field. But there are some jobs that just aren't going to give me a whole lot of satisfaction. And I've never really taken the time to pinpoint why.

But I had an epiphany. I need an outlet to be creative.

I guess that's why sewing and quilting has become such a huge thing for me. It allows me an opportunity to be creative...without neccesssarily being "artsy". It's an outlet for me. It's therapy. It's relaxing. It's energizing. It's part of who I am.

Pinned Image
And I've never really owned that I am creative.
That all stops now.

Yall listening out there.... imagine me...on top of a mountain...proclaiming to the world "I AM CREATIVE." Yup.  You heard me. I'm owning it now. I am a creative woman. I need to have time to be creative. It fulfills a huge part of who I am. It is who I am. 

And that, my friends, is pretty darn cool.

Anyone else wanna own it too? I am creative. I am creative. I AM CREATIVE. Pinned Image
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS