Monday, January 13, 2014

Charlotte Skirt

Hey yall! I recently shared with yall some family photos from a mini session with my friend Ashley at Addison Harper Photography.
Today, I'm sharing the details of what I wore / made!
Top: Target
Skirt: handmade
Boots: Anthropologie (old)
Belt: Anthropologie (old)

I made my skirt using By Hand London's pencil skirt pattern, the Charlotte Skirt, only the week before our photos - I made it to coordinate with our color scheme of black, white, gray, and purples. The fabric is from Pat Bravo's "Poetica" line, and is the Serenade in Moonlight print (still available here). It is a quilting cotton, but for South Carolina, that's a great weight for fabric. You can wear it the majority of the year.

I have officially found my go to skirt pattern. This took me less than 2 hours from start to finish to sew together. Granted, it went much faster with my wonderful serger. The inside of my skirt looks nearly as professional as the outside. I didn't veer too far from the pattern in making this. It is clearly designed for women who have curves... and the construction is fantastic.

This was actually the second Charlotte skirt that I made. The first was more of a muslin, and while I was pleased with it, it wasn't exactly spot on as far as fit. I ended up sizing up one, and was happier it. I cannot say enough good things about the Charlotte Skirt pattern from By Hand London. Clearly, these ladies know what they're about! This is the second pattern of theirs that I have used and I love both. This will be a regular closet staple! I've got fabric pulled out for a couple more of these. They are me to a tee.

Take care, ya'll!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS